Transitioning from Home to Residential Care
Finding the right residential aged care facility can be a complex and daunting process. At such an emotional time, it’s easy to be confused by the range of options available and making the wrong decision could affect the comfort and quality of life for you or a loved one. To assist our members during this time, the Transitional Care program offers members a caring step-by-step approach, key to making informed decisions and finding the right residential aged-care facility.
Dedicated aged care consultants will help you understand your options. This includes helping you with physical care needs, residential living arrangements, location and financial implications. This ensures a smooth transition into residential aged care, in accordance the wishes of members or their loved ones.
- meeting with you and your family to discuss personal situations and individual requirements
- clarifying the aged care system, particularly in relation to high and low level residential care, permanent accommodation and secure dementia services
- explaining the fees and charges you can expect to pay in order to secure and maintain residential aged care services/accommodation
- presenting you with the best options for your individual situation and support you throughout the decision-making process
- liaising with care facilities on your behalf including scheduling and attending inspections
- assisting with the placement process by completing and submitting all necessary paperwork such as statutory requirements and application forms
- finalising placement and ensuring the transition into aged care for you or your loved one, is as smooth as possible.
This program is brought to members through Teachers Healthcare Services, an initiative of UniHealth to support our members' health and wellbeing through quality, evidence-based health management programs and services. To be eligible for this program you must be a member of UniHealth and have Hospital cover with all waiting periods served. Additional eligibility criteria may apply. To find out more, contact UniHealth on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1300 367 906. Eligible members will then be connected with a dedicated Teachers Healthcare Services care coordinator who will support members on their personal journey.