Who can join?
Membership of UniHealth is open to anyone working in a higher education institution anywhere in Australia – universities, colleges, TAFEs and RTOs provided you are a current or former member of a relevant education union. Eligible members include lecturers, tutors, management, support and administration staff and maintenance workers, In addition to this, family members of eligible members are also able to join UniHealth.
Current/former Teachers and Academics
To join UniHealth you will need to be a current or former member or associate member of any of the following education unions:
- National Tertiary Education Union (NTEU)
- NSW Teachers Federation
- Australian Education Union (AEU) and affiliated unions
- Independent Education Union (IEU) and affiliated unions
- State School Teachers Union of Western Australia (SSTUWA)
- Institute of Senior Education Administrators NSW (SEANSW)
- Other appropriate education workplace unions
Former University Staff:
If you were previously a university staff member and during that time you were a member or an associate member of any of the above education unions, you can also join.
Family mmbers of eligible members are also welcome to join, including:
- current or former spouse/partner
- dependant/s children
- adult children (or their partner or dependant child)