Who can join?

Who can join?

Your Cover





* Based on an Australian Government Rebate of %, % LHC loading, $ excess for a in . Please note that our prices will increase from 1 April

Change your cover or compare

Can you join UniHealth?

UniHealth is open to the higher education community and their families. Read on to see if you can join.

Higher education community

Are you an academic, general and professional staff, or research staff member and a current member of the National Tertiary Education Union (NTEU)?

If this describes you, then you’re eligible to join UniHealth.

Family members

If you're lucky enough to be related to someone who can join UniHealth (who meets the above criteria), you can join the fund too.

This includes:

spouse/partner (current or former)
dependant child(ren)
adult child – and their partner and/or dependant child(ren)
sibling – and their partner and/or dependant child(ren)
grandchild – and their partner and/or dependant child(ren)
parent or parent-in-law.

Not eligible to join UniHealth?

If you’re a teacher, admin or support staff (and a union member) working in the education community, check out who can join Teachers Health.

Get 6 weeks free*

Join with Hospital & Extras cover by 30 June

Plus, skip the 2 & 6 month waits on things like general dental, optical and chiro*. Enter promo code 'SIX'.

See more

Terms and conditions