How can I find a specialist who’ll treat me under Access Gap Cover?

You and/or your GP can use the HealthShare tool to search for specialists who’ve treated other people under Access Gap. Then ask if they’ll do the same for you.

Specialists aren’t obliged to participate in the scheme, so if one won’t, you can look for another who might.

Either way, be sure to get a written breakdown of all the estimated costs. Understanding the full cost of your treatment is called Informed Financial Consent.

See more on choosing a specialist