When can’t I claim for Extras?
We can’t pay Extras claims if, on the date you had the service, you
- Hadn’t yet served a relevant waiting period
- Had used up a relevant annual, lifetime or sub-limit
- Hadn’t paid for your health cover (known as being ‘unfinancial’)
- Had suspended your membership
- Had used a provider who wasn’t recognised by UniHealth.
We also can’t pay claims if:
- The date of service was more than two years ago
- You weren’t charged for the service
- You haven’t submitted an official receipt
- You treated yourself
- You were treated by someone on your membership (or your partner or dependants)
- You were treated by your business partner/associate or the business partner/associate of someone on your membership (or your partner or dependants)
- You were treated overseas
- You’re claiming for goods purchased overseas
- The service isn’t covered on your insurance (e.g. transport or postage costs).