Taking control of your health
Just under half of Australians have one or more chronic conditions. If you’re one of them, you may have found that managing physical and/or mental health conditions can be challenging.
We help eligible UniHealth members* with chronic conditions by providing access to a range of support services.
Your physical health
If your condition is linked to (or worsened by) being overweight, you might be overwhelmed with conflicting weight loss advice – some (or all) of which may be unsolicited.
If excess weight isn’t an issue, you may be struggling to adopt and maintain healthy habits that could improve your condition, and your overall physical and mental health.
Programs that could help you might include:
- Care coordination – in this phone-based program, one of our highly experienced health professionals works with you and your GP to develop a tailored action plan based on your health goals. Your Teachers Healthcare Services personal care coordinator guides and supports you as you navigate your condition(s) and the healthcare system.
- Nutrition plans – telephone support from a Teachers Healthcare Services Accredited Practising Dietitian. We create personalised nutrition plans to help you manage your chronic condition(s) and improve your overall health and wellbeing.
- Osteoarthritis management – an 18-week program to help relieve the symptoms of osteoarthritis. This includes weight loss, appropriate exercise, pain management education and health professional support.
- Digital Wellness Weight Management Program - a 24-week lifestyle management program that can help you achieve weight loss and manage chronic conditions such as joint pain, prediabetes and type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure or high cholesterol. The program combines convenience, and privacy, with personalised support from registered nurses and dietitians. Provided online and over the phone, the program includes a healthcare assessment, one-to-one coaching from a dietitian, delicious menu plans from over 1000 scientifically formulated recipes, food and weight trackers to help achieve goals, positive psychology tools, and optional exercise plans.
Cancer Support Program – a video call and phone support program designed to nurture the physical and mental health of members living with cancer. This includes members who are having (or recently completed) cancer treatment, and those living with advanced cancer. Support programs are personalised and may include oncology nursing, exercise physiology, dietetics and psychology.
Accessing the programs
The eligibility criteria for these programs vary and are dependent on your personal situation. To learn more, get in touch via our contact form.
Your mental health
Anyone who’s experienced depression or anxiety knows how tough it can be. If you’ve been diagnosed and are getting treatment and/or support that’s working for you, we’re glad you’re doing okay.
If you’ve yet to reach out to your GP or a mental health professional, or need extra support, our Mental Wellness program could be an option:
- Mental wellness – telephone support from empathetic mental health professionals, personalised to your needs. This could include developing strategies to build resilience, manage anxiety and/or depression. Given the role nutrition and gut health can play in our mental health, the program also includes phone consults with a Teachers Healthcare Services Accredited Practising Dietitian.
Accessing the program
Learn more through the link above, or get in touch via our contact form.
Need urgent mental healthcare?
If you need help right away, please get immediate support:
*These programs are brought to members through Teachers Healthcare Services, an initiative of Teachers Health to support members’ health and wellbeing through quality, evidence-based health management programs and services. To be eligible for a program you must be a member of UniHealth and have Hospital cover with all relevant waiting periods served. Additional eligibility criteria may apply. Eligible members are connected with a dedicated Teachers Healthcare Services care coordinator who supports them on their personal journey.