Can I claim for a CPAP machine via Extras cover?
To claim, you need to:
- be on Top Extras with any applicable waiting period served
- submit a completed Aids and Appliances form (signed by your health practitioner).
You may be able to claim towards the purchase of Positive Airway Pressure (PAP) machines or oxygen concentrators that are:
- Used to treat sleep apnoea or a breathing condition
- Purchased online from a registered Australian business with a physical presence in Australia and claimed with an itemised tax invoice that shows the name of the patient (i.e. the person who’ll be using the machine).
You can’t claim towards:
- Apnoea monitors (that track breathing but don’t treat a health condition)
- Devices from overseas providers
- Standalone non-mechanical devices (e.g. nasal inserts)
- Repair and service fees
- Device hire fees.