Can I claim for wigs via Extras cover?
To claim, you need to:
- be on Top Extras with any applicable waiting period served
- submit a completed Aids and Appliances form (signed by your health practitioner).
You may be able to claim towards the purchase of wigs that are:
- for hair-loss due to chemotherapy or alopecia
- medical grade and purchased from a medical grade supplier
- purchased from a registered Australian business with a physical presence in Australia.
You can’t claim towards:
- wig accessories
- hair plugs
- hair pieces for natural hair loss
- fashion/fancy dress wigs.
Like most services under the Artificial Aids & Appliances benefit, Wigs has an annual sub-limit (maximum amount you can claim in a calendar year). You can check your remaining limits via our member app or Online Member Services.
When submitting your claim, please include an itemised tax invoice that shows the name of the patient (i.e. the person who’ll be wearing the wig).